Healing is the natural art of first aid, used for the restoration of health and the curation of various ailments.
Use bandages on yourself or others to heal. Bandages are made by using scissors on cloth.
Use (u) scissors on cloth to make bandages (min tailoring skill 0%).
Scissors are available from a provisioner.
Cloth is available from a tailor.
Pro Tip: /limitskill tailoring 0 will allow you to easily make bandages without raising your tailoring.
Healing with Bandages
To heal another creature (player, pet, NPC or summon), use (u) a bandange in their direction.
To heal yourself automatically, press the ` (backquote) key.
The healing takes place over a 10 second period, during which the creature being healed must stand still and must not attack anything otherwise the healing effect is cancelled.
The amount of HP healed is equal to the following formula. healing = skill / 5 HP per second for 10 sec
- 0% skill in healing: heals 10 over 10 sec
- 10% healing : heals 20 over 10 sec
- 50% healing : heals 100 over 10 sec
- 100% healing : heals 200 over 10 sec
In addition to healing the target, if the target is ...
- poisoned, you will cure them if your healing is 20% or more.
- blind you will cure the blindness if your healing is 30% or more.
- diseased you will cure their disease if your healing is 40% or more.
- wounded, you remove their wounded status if your healing is 50% or more.
- dead, you can resurrect them if your healing is 75% or more.
Wounded status is a state of profuse bleeding, where around 25% of maximum health is lost over 5 seconds.
Using bandages has a 10 second cooloff for player targets, but none for non-player targets.