Difference between revisions of "Maped Pro-tips"
From EUO Manual
Revision as of 14:21, 21 August 2005
In no particular order ...
- Don't put braziers on blocking tiles such as walls.
- Don't get too busy with the floor tile colourings. Everyone goes haywire with technicoloured chunder floortiles, and it looks like vomit.
- With spawners, since they can use a bit of cpu, its really just as good to put a few well placed area/radius spawners than 10 or 20 spot (-1) spawners.Admittedly the latter makes the monster placement the same each spawn-around, but it definitely uses more resources. Also with spot spawners, if the monster walks off the spot, then another will spawn in its place - creating more mobs than originally intended. This happens less with radius/area spawns.
- Avoid using the silly head tile: it's there to represent missing tiles, for map/tile/item data debugging. It doesn't really suit the atmosphere anway.
- Avoid having caves that don't link anywhere.
- When making cabinents, put hooks under the items so players won't get in and steal the stuff.
- Don't place pseudo items: eg tokens, orbs, training, spawner, treasure etc.
- Don't use forest tiles unless you're making a continent. Take when using regular trees and sight blocking trees.