Difference between revisions of "Keyboard Controls"
(→Binding Spells and Items to hot keys)
(→Dropping items: deleted completely wrong section)
|Line 400:||Line 400:|
==Binding items to Hotkeys==
==Binding items to Hotkeys==
Revision as of 13:47, 2 March 2018
- 1 Main Menu
- 2 Movement
- 3 Melee Combat Controls
- 4 Ranged Combat & Spell-Casting Targeting Controls
- 5 Binding Spells and Items to hot keys
- 6 Keyboard command list
- 7 Binding items to Hotkeys
- 8 Remapping Keys
- 9 Slash Commands
- 10 Buying, selling and transferring items
- 11 Filtering item lists
Press F12 any time to bring up the main menu. Here you can change game options, change keybinds and read online help.
Using the mouse, left click and hold when the mouse pointer-arrow is green to move in that direction.
You can also move around using the arrow keys or numpad on your keyboard.
Melee Combat Controls
Left click on an enemy when the mouse pointer-arrow turns red to attack that enemy with your equipped melee weapon.
With the keyboard, an attack is performed by holding CTRL, then pressing the arrow key for the direction you wish to attack in.
Ranged Combat & Spell-Casting Targeting Controls
Attacking with a bow, crossbow or sling consitutes ranged combat. Ranged combat uses auto-targeting.
- CTRL+left click
- press CTRL+any direction
To see crosshair:
- y or TAB
To change targets, use either:
- TAB & SHIFT+TAB (spellcasters must use this)
- CTRL+LEFT & CTRL+RIGHT (only with ranged weapon equipped)
To LOCK crosshair on Target:
To change targeting types:
- SHIFT+y cycles from Evil Targets(yellow), All-Targets(white), Good Targets(blue), Party Targets(green)
- monsters that are attacking you have a red box, to help tanks. This can be toggled via the options menu (F12).
Improved targeting for healers:
(don't forget you can choose to use a thicker crosshair via the F12 menu)
- targeted party member name is in green in stats box
- changed good aligned crosshair to blue
- target locking - ALT+y to lock your crosshair on one target (lock it on the tank!)
- shouldn't lose target when some party member stands on top of your target
- a locked target (or any party target) can be a little further away than 4 squares before they become untargeted
(you can't hit the next target button and pick up anyone including party member that is beyond 4 squares though - but once they are targeted they can move between 4-7 squares and stay targeted, and if locked, can go out of range and back into 7 square range and be instantly targeted again.)
Binding Spells and Items to hot keys
For fast and easy use of items and spells you may bind them to almost any key on the keyboard.
- To bind items, during use, view, wear, etc, press ALT+key to bind the currently selected item to that key. Then during play, pressing a key with a bind will use the bound item or spell.
- Spells (and special abilities) can be bound to the number and function keys: press Shift+C, then use the arrow keys to highlight the spell you want to bind, then hit the F-key you want to bind to, followed by ESC. You can also bind spells by pressing shift-F-key or shift-number key. Spells can be bound to keys also with alt+key within the select spell menu.
Spellcasting and Combat
- binding a spell to F1 will let you cast it with SHIFT+right mouse button, or with SHIFT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F2 will let you cast it with ALT+right mouse button, or with ALT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F3 will let you cast it with CTRL+SHIFT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+SHIFT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F4 will let you cast it with SHIFT+ALT+right mouse button, or with SHIFT+ALT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F5 will let you cast it with CTRL+ALT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+ALT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F6 will let you cast it with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+arrow key
- binding a spell to F7 will let you cast it with the right mouse button (if you have right click get/use/etc disabled)
- binding a spell to F8 will let you cast it with CTRL+right mouse button
A good mage technique might be to bind Greater Harm to F8 and Lightning to F7, then cast Lightning at range with right mouse button, and Greater Harm with CTRL+right mouse button when the enemies get close.
Fast directional use of items
- binding a item to F1 will let you use it with SHIFT+right mouse button, or with SHIFT+arrow key
- binding a item to F2 will let you use it with ALT+right mouse button, or with ALT+arrow key
- binding a item to F3 will let you use it with CTRL+SHIFT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+SHIFT+arrow key
- binding a item to F4 will let you use it with SHIFT+ALT+right mouse button, or with SHIFT+ALT+arrow key
- binding a item to F5 will let you use it with CTRL+ALT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+ALT+arrow key
- binding a item to F6 will let you use it with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+right mouse button, or with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+arrow key
- binding a item to F7 will let you use it with the right mouse button (if you have right click get/use/etc disabled)
- binding a item to F8 will let you use it with CTRL+right mouse button
Eg, you may like to bind a mining pick to F7, then right click on mountains to prospect for ore.
Keyboard command list
For best results, TURN NUM-LOCK OFF if you plan on using the keypad!
|? (shift /)||show a brief help screen. Press ? again to see the full list of controls|
|arrow keys, numeric keypad||move|
|ctrl+arrow keys / keypad||attack with melee weapon or bare hands|
|shift+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F1|
|alt+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F2|
|shift+ctrl+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F3|
|shift+alt+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F4|
|ctrl+alt+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F5|
|shift+ctrl+alt+arrow keys / keypad||fast cast spell/ability or use item bound to F6|
|ctrl+dir||attack targeted creature with ranged weapon|
|tab and shift+tab||cycle ranged targets|
|a||drink from a fountain, activate a switch, board a ship or harvest plants|
|b||buy item(s) (must be near merchant) or withdraw items from bank or chest - or get a res from a healer|
|shift+b||sell item(s) or deposit into bank, chest or merchant|
|c||cast spell (using runic name for spell-e.g. AN for cure poison)|
|shift+c||cast spell/ability from list|
|d||select an item (or items) to drop|
|e||eat (select from menu)|
|shift+e (+dir)||offer food to a creature|
|g (+dir)||get item (will bring up a list if more than one item)|
|shift+g||get all items within reach|
|ctrl+g (+dir)||get one item from top of pile|
|h||attempt to hide|
|i||ignite a torch|
|shift+i||extinguish light source|
|l (+dir)||look at something|
|p||select a potion to drink|
|shift+p||select a potion to use in a direction|
|r||read a scroll, book, tome, map|
|s (+dir)||search and open|
|shift+s||open without searching|
|t (+dir)||talk to an NPC|
|ctrl+t||reply to the last person who sent you a private message|
|u||use an item in inventory|
|shift+u||use a item in inventory in direction|
|v||view and sort inventory - use shift+up/down or shift+mousewheel|
|shift+v||lets you sort your banker with shift+up/down or shift+mousewheel|
|w||ready armour and weapons|
|shift+w||equip any item from your inventory|
|x||x-it raft, mount or ship|
|y||toggle target crosshairs (default is on)|
|shift+y||cycle target type|
|z and shift+z||cycles through stats and character info|
|ctrl+z||toggle minimap zoom|
|=||set price on an item on your player merchant (buy from him first)|
|space||enter a towne or dungeon, or climb a ladder|
|enter||send a local message (only players within a small radius will hear you) - use /g msg, /p msg & /me msg for global, party and emote messages|
|shift+enter||global chat (shortcut for /g)|
|/||begin a 'slash' command|
|\||party chat (shortcut for /p)|
|| (shift+\ on most us keyboards)||emote (shortcut for /me)|
|pgup, pgdn||scroll through past messages|
|end||reset message screen to last message|
|insert||when chatting, press insert to scroll back through the things you have previously said|
|pgup||when chatting, press pgup to scroll forward through the things you have previously said|
|home, end||when typing a message, send cursor to beginning or end of line|
|del, pgdn||when typing a message, move cursor left and right|
|0-9||use bound item (bind by pressing ctrl + 0-9 when viewing, readying or using items)|
|F1-F8||cast a prebound fast spell|
|shift F1-F8||bind a spell to F1-F8 for fast casting (must type runic name for spell-e.g. AN for cure poison)|
|alt F2||level up (PD only)|
|alt F3||toggles rage/mana bar on/off|
|alt F4||fast quit|
|F9||use the last used item in the last used direction (see skills)|
|shift-F9||continue using the last item used|
|F10||cast last spell cast|
|F11||make last item|
|shift+F11||continue creating items|
|ctrl+F12||toggle fullscreen / windowed modes|
Binding items to Hotkeys
When in the view, use, ready or similar screens, you can press alt+key to bind an item to that key.
Hit F12 to bring up the main menus, and you can remap many action keys from there.
There is an extended list of Slash Commands here.
Buying, selling and transferring items
While banking, buying, selling or transferring to your player merchant ...
- press space or enter to transfer/buy/sell 1 unit
- press shift-space or shift-enter to transfer/buy/sell 10 units
- press TAB to transfer/sell all units
The exceptions to these are gold & ammo; ammo (and bullets) has a base unit of 100, so pressing shift-space when buying/transferring ammo will move 1000 units. Gold has a base unit of 1000. When moving gold, shift-space will move 10000.
Filtering item lists
When viewing, dropping, banking, or anything that uses the scrolling item list, press one of the following keys to filter to subsets of items:
w: weapons W: wearables s: shields p: potions u: usables j: jewellry f: food A or v: show everything U: unidentified h: hats/head slot t: torso slot b: boots slot l: legs slot g: gloves r: rings n: neck S: scrolls and tomes
You can also search for items. Press / and type part of the name of an item to search for it in the list (press esc to exit)
- to show all your vamp items type /vamp
- to show all your dex items type /dex
The match works on the item's full name - not the list name. Eg some long names in the list are shortened (eg BR is blackrock) - type blackrock, not BR.